Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Love

As I began my quest to have a deeper relationship with God, accepting Jesus Christ as my savior, being a born again Christian the single most important attitude I thought to develop is faith. I have previously written about faith and in fact challenged myself and you in regards to your faith. Do we have the strength of knowing God is behind us no matter what the circumstances of our life, we are not to worry and have faith regardless?

I have been told by my Christian friend, Glenn Perry since I can remember, the bible was a book of love. I could not find that being as evident as having faith. Faith is constantly talked about in the NT, Jesus Christ challenges his disciples several times about their faith, Romans talks about faith, but I did not read about love. Of course, love I perceived it is more of the flowers, hand holding, the love I could see.

But after some reading and combing that with what Jesus Christ states is the most important commandment: Mark 30: The Holy Bible, New International Version. Pradis CD-ROM:Mk 12:30.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' m 31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' n There is no commandment greater than these."

I started thinking about outside myself, I realized that loving all things God created, regardless of what they do to me, for me, against me is the largest challenge of my soul. I believe we all experience this to some degree in parts of our lives. A mother /father with their small children, maybe our pets, especially when they get older and senial, but not with everyone and everything.

Faith is definitely necessary to walk through this world ourselves, but to let go of everything and to love it as our own creation is when we can get closest to God.

Oh, in the Bible I did not see 'love' by what they said, it is what Jesus Christ did which demonstrated love, we show love by the way we are, not by what we do. Love cannot be delivered in a box of candy o a card, it only comes from our heart and soul.

If this blog sounds a tad choppy, I will smooth it out soon, I wanted to write this why I was thinking about it again.

 
 

 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment