Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This morning ...

    These thoughts and questions presented themselves, I wrote them down.
    It's about 9:00 AM and I am so lucky to have this moment to sit here at Shady Grove Park located at Eagle Mountain Lake in Azle, TX.  As I sit here,  I wrote.
  1. How did we get to where we are in our own society, in the world?
  2. Where is the line between cheating and progress?
  3. It's interesting - everything seems to have a life cycle, yet man seems to relentlessly trying to eliminate them from their own.
  4. Does progress mean better, better in the long run?
  5. Man seems to only be willing to act on what they can directly see, the eminent; those that can see further are often called 'nut' , 'lunatics', 'freaks'.
  6. What is the key that causes a tornado or a hurricane to suddenly change directions?  Is it God's will?
  7. The same is for the weather, it does not seem as though the weatherman are correct very often.  Is it because they are trying to predict God's will?  Like so many are trying to predict the second coming of Christ?
  8. Love leads to the path of good behavior.  Rules are followed because they are following love.
  9. The Holly Spirit is the center of my being.
  10. My flesh, muscle and bone can be taken from me, but my spirit is like the air, it simply is.
  11. Why do we spend so much money and time on learning about our planet; do we think if we "know it all" we can then control our destiny?
  12. I am amazed in the beauty our world has to offer, I wonder why so few of us see so little of it?
  13. The house will fall down, it is unsafe I argue, but no one is listening; they simply cannot see the cracks in the foundation.
  14. I can only change if I give God time to change me.
  15. The US seems to have gone from independent to dependant; our strength comes through not what we can provide, but through what we consume.
  16. Can the world really work as one, I think the US is a great example of a possibility.
  17. Ready set go said God:  see if you can discover the mysteries of the world before you destroy yourself in doing so.  The joke Is on us.
  18. Separating church and state a brilliant strategy by Satan.
  19. If Church and State are truly disconnected; why do churches get tax breaks and other benefits from the Government?  I thought Jesus said give to Caesar what is Caesars' and to God what is God's,  I think Churches should pay there own way.
  20. If you are swimming and you cannot find the purpose of swimming, then why are we still swimming.
  21. The mistakes our leaders and corporations make seem to be along the same level as a child, where were there parents?
  22. Don't try and change the world, ask God to change you and then show others.  Force resists force.  As a physics professor!

No comments:

Post a Comment